WHAT IS MILITARY PSYCHOLOGY?
It is the research, design and application of psychological theories and empirical data towards understanding, predicting, and making interventions to control potentially dangerous outcomes to the uniformed personnel, their families and the society at large.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
1. By mental health practionners, you qualify by holding a diploma at the very least in a mental health course. This is in the areas of Psychology, Social work and Psychiatry.
2. You are currently practicing.
3. You are interested in addressing mental and behavioral ill-health among our military Veterans.
4. You are in human resource management.
1. As a first class, to demystify the psychological needs of military Veterans.
2. Sensitize mental health practionners military Psychology
3. Introduce with the objective of educating and better equipping participants with the desire to build more on their professional skills and techniques.
1. Understanding the language of how soldiers think and feel
2. Specifics on successfully taking a thorough history.
3. Common mental health challenges which soldiers face
4. The place of the family and how as a practionner you can help improve, sustain and mend relationships
5. Reliable skills and techniques which when professionally delivered lead to good outcomes.